Understanding Hair Loss
Your hair grows in phases known as anagen, catagen, and telogen. The hair actively grows during the anagen phase, which lasts about 2-7 years. Next is catagen, a short transitional phase that lasts about ten days. The last stage is telogen, during which the hair follicles rest for 2-3 months, and the hairs naturally fall out. The hair cycle starts again, with new hair growing in the same follicles. As a result of the hair growth cycle, most people lose 50 to 100 hairs each day, which is no cause for concern. As the hairs fall out, new ones replace them.
Hair loss occurs when something disrupts the hair growth cycle or the hair follicles are damaged and replaced with scar tissue. Signs of hair loss include thinning hair, a receding hairline, circular or patchy bald areas on the scalp, or hair falling out in handfuls. If you have concerns you may be suffering from hair loss, contact MD Brothers to schedule a consultation. The sooner we address your concerns, the better the long-term outcomes.
What Are the Causes of Hair Loss?
The most common type of hair loss is androgenetic alopecia or male or female pattern baldness. The hereditary condition affects more than 50 million men and 30 million women in the US. Hair loss can also occur due to emotional or physical stress, hormonal imbalances, autoimmune conditions, tight hairstyles, natural aging, environmental stressors, medications, and medical conditions.
What Is NeoGraft Hair Transplant Surgery?
NeoGraft is an FDA-cleared automated hair transplant system designed to facilitate hair follicle harvesting during follicular unit extraction (FUE) transplant, the most advanced hair transplantation technique available today.
The FUE technique typically involves the use of special tools to extract individual hair follicles from donor sites on the scalp, usually the sides or back of the head. The next step is creating incisions in the thinning or balding areas of the scalp, where the surgeon carefully places the hair follicles. FUE transplants deliver superior hair regrowth results without the linear scarring associated with traditional hair transplant procedures, such as follicular unit transplantation surgery or FUT.
NeoGraft takes FUE hair transplants to the next level. The innovative technology uses controlled pneumatic pressure to harvest individual hair follicles, enhancing the hair transplant process. Most patients enjoy superior results, all with minimal discomfort, downtime, and scarring. The NeoGraft system also facilitates the placement of the grafts, creating tiny incisions and placing the implants in the follicles simultaneously. The result? A quicker, more efficient, and more precise hair transplant process.
What Are the Benefits of the NeoGraft Hair Transplant System?
The NeoGraft system offers numerous benefits, including the following:
- Quicker Procedure: A NeoGraft transplant is typically a one-day outpatient procedure. It is faster than traditional FUE transplant surgery, which can take multiple days to harvest and transplant a large number of grafts.
- Minimal Downtime: The NeoGraft system’s automated technology is the least invasive hair transplant option available today. No more worrying about incisions, staples, or downtime. Most people can return to work the next day with fewer activity restrictions than other transplant methods.
- Reduced Hair Follicle Damage: The NeoGraft system gently harvests the hair follicles, minimizing trauma or damage. That helps improve the survival rate of the transplanted hair follicles, yielding better results.
- Fewer Complications: The minimally invasive nature of the procedure lowers the chances of complications and side effects resulting from surgery. That’s especially true compared to FUT or follicular unit transplant surgery, which involves cutting strips of skin to transplant.
- No Linear Scars: The NeoGraft system removes hair follicles one by one, resulting in tiny scars that are easily hidden by the surrounding hair. In contrast, traditional hair transplant methods, such as strip harvesting, leave distinct linear scars on the back of the head that can interfere with certain hairstyles.
- Natural-Looking Results: Your implanted hair follicles will follow your natural hair growth cycle, with results improving week after week. The results will be so natural that no one will tell you’ve undergone a hair transplant.
Are You a Candidate for a NeoGraft Hair Transplant?
Candidates for NeoGraft hair restoration include men and women in good health with mild to moderate hair loss, especially those wanting to wear their hair short. It also offers an excellent option for individuals wanting to cover up scars from previous hair transplants.
NeoGraft works best for people with enough donor hair on the sides or back of their heads to transplant to the thinning or balding areas. People with more donor hair can typically expect better results. That’s why it’s important to seek help from your trusted team at MD Brothers as you notice hair loss or thinning.
To determine whether NeoGraft is right for you, consult our experienced surgeons at MD Brothers. They will recommend the best hair restoration solutions to achieve your desired results. Your personalized treatment plan may include NeoGraft surgery as a stand-alone treatment or alongside other cutting-edge hair restoration solutions, such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, stem cells, or exosome therapy.
NeoGraft Hair Transplant Near Me in Chicago, IL
If you are experiencing hair loss or thinning and would like to learn more about the world’s most advanced hair transplant system, contact our hair restoration experts at MD Brothers. Our dedicated surgeons are happy to answer your questions and help you determine the best solution to restore your full head of hair. Don’t let hair loss hold you back. We invite you to call (312) 416-6172 to schedule your appointment or book one online today!
Note: Individual results may vary from person to person.request an appointment