What Are the Causes of Hair Loss?
The natural hair growth cycle occurs in phases, where some hairs are actively growing, some are in transition, and others are naturally shed. It is perfectly normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day. As these hairs fall out, new ones come in to replace them. Hair loss or thinning involves losing more than 100 hairs a day. It typically results from something disrupting the hair growth cycle or damaging the hair follicles which are then replaced by scar tissue.
The most common cause of hair loss in adults is a genetic condition known as androgenetic alopecia or female or male pattern baldness. Other causes of hair loss include emotional or physical stressors, autoimmune diseases, tight hairstyles, certain illnesses, and some medications.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy for Hair Loss – An Overview
If you’ve heard of vampire facials, you are probably already familiar with the anti-aging and skin rejuvenating benefits of PRP. Platelet-rich plasma is packed with growth factors, offering a non-surgical hair restoration option that draws on the body’s own healing power to promote hair follicle rejuvenation and hair regrowth.
But what exactly is PRP? The blood contains red and white blood cells, plasma, platelets, and other components. The plasma is the liquid portion of the blood while platelets are a type of blood cells. When the body is hurt or bleeding, the platelets quickly initiate the healing process. They are also rich in growth factors that promote tissue regeneration. Platelet-rich plasma has about five times the concentration of platelets found naturally in the blood, delivering a powerful growth factor boost that promotes hair growth and rejuvenation.
When injected into thinning or balding areas of the scalp, PRP gets to work. The growth factors and proteins stimulate the hair follicles, promote tissue growth and regeneration, and increase blood flow. PRP helps rejuvenate dormant hair follicles, improving thickness, dentistry, and overall hair quality.
How Is Platelet-Rich Plasma Prepared?
The first step in preparing PRP is drawing a small sample of your blood, similar to a routine blood test. We will place your blood in a centrifuge, a machine that spins at a high speed, separating your platelets from the rest of the blood. The resulting platelet-rich plasma is ready for injection into thinning or balding areas of the scalp, promoting natural hair follicle rejuvenation and enhancing hair growth.
What Are the Benefits of PRP Therapy?
The following are some of the benefits of PRP therapy for hair restoration:
- It Is Customizable: PRP therapy is not a one-size-fits-all treatment; it is fully customizable to your unique hair regrowth needs.
- It Is Convenient: The entire treatment takes about an hour to complete, and you will not need downtime, so you can get on with your daily routine right away.
- It Is Non-Surgical: PRP hair restoration delivers dramatic results without surgery and the related downtime and risk of complications.
- It Is Natural: PRP does not involve the use of any chemicals – it harnesses your body’s natural healing power, providing a holistic and organic hair rejuvenation solution.
- It Is Safe: Using your own blood eliminates the risk of allergic reactions and minimizes the risk of any adverse treatment side effects.
- It Does Not Involve Scarring: PRP hair rejuvenation is a minimally invasive procedure that does not involve incisions, sutures, or scarring.
- It Is Effective: PRP is one of the most effective hair restoration solutions today, delivering superior results for most patients.
- It Can Reverse Hair Loss: Over time, PRP can improve the balding or thinning areas, grow back your hairline, and produce thicker, denser hair in problem areas.
- Natural Results: There is nothing artificial about PRP; stimulating your inactive hair follicles promotes hair growth in natural patterns.
- Noticeable Results: Most patients report significant improvements in their hair thickness, volume, and overall quality within a few months of PRP therapy.
- It Is Versatile: PRP therapy not only promotes hair growth, but it can also rejuvenate aging or sun-damaged skin, restoring its health and natural beauty.
Are You a Candidate for PRP Hair Loss Treatment?
PRP hair restoration can be highly effective for men and women battling hair loss. It is especially helpful for people with male or female pattern baldness, also known as androgenetic alopecia.
If you are considering PRP hair restoration, it is important to have realistic expectations. PRP may not restore your hair to how it was when you were younger, but it can help stimulate new hair follicle growth and improve the overall quality, thickness, and appearance of your hair.
The best way to determine if PRP treatment is right for you is to consult with our hair restoration experts at MD Brothers. They will recommend the ideal hair restoration solution based on your unique needs and goals. They may also recommend PRP in conjunction with other therapies, like hair transplants, to boost your treatment outcomes.
PRP Therapy for Hair Loss Near Me in Chicago, IL
If you would like to learn more about restoring your hair naturally with PRP therapy, contact our hair restoration experts at MD Brothers. Our dedicated surgeons are committed to using leading-edge technology and techniques to provide you with the hair restoration results you desire. We invite you to call (312) 416-6172 to schedule your appointment or book one online today!
Note: Individual results may vary from person to person.request an appointment