Have you been rigorously exercising and still left with wobbly bits that won’t go away no matter how much you try? If so, you might feel discouraged, frustrated, or embarrassed about your appearance. It is not easy to attain the body of your dreams. However, thanks to a new, innovative technology known as BodyTite, you no longer have to worry about the jiggly bits. BodyTite is a new cosmetic procedure that removes and tightens saggy skin, making you feel confident to show off your new contoured figure.
At MD Brothers, we offer state-of-the-art BodyTite, a minimally invasive procedure that uses liposuction to contour and defines the body of your dreams. BodyTite is emerging as a preferred fat removal procedure for patients and health care professionals. Read on to learn more about this revolutionary procedure and to know if you are a suitable candidate.
What is BodyTite?
BodyTite is a minimally invasive procedure that utilizes RFAL (radiofrequency-assisted liposuction) to dissolve stubborn pockets of fat while tightening the skin safely. The procedure can be performed on its own or together with liposuction. BodyTite RF waves help tighten skin, while liposuction sucks out fat cells. Skin tightening helps increase contouring and reshapes your body to produce more noticeable results while achieving your aesthetic goals. The BodyTite devices contain internal and external thermometers controlled by a computer. This ensures that the temperatures remain at a safe range without burning your skin while heating your skin enough to tighten and melt excess fat. BodyTite treatment is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is officially considered safe, effective, and risk-free. The treatment should only be performed by a Board Certified Plastic surgeon for your safety and best results.
What Areas Does BodyTite Treat?
- Breasts (they can be lifted or tightened)
- Fatty knees and thighs
- Bat wings
- Love handles
- Male busts area
- Abdominal fat
- Bra line fat
BodyTite offers the following benefits:
- The procedure is minimally invasive, and recovery is shorter than traditional liposuction
- BodyTite has been FDA-approved since 2016 and can be used virtually head to toe (belly, breast, arms, knees, back, and thighs)
- There is no general anesthesia required
- There is no scarring, lacerations, or sutures
- BodyTite treatment offers even contouring
- Reduces fat while tightening the skin simultaneously for aesthetic improvement
- Real-time temperature monitoring in internal areas and external surfaces
- Directional RF builds provide different treatment modalities for each tissue layer (deep fat layer to the skin’s surface)
- One only requires one session to get the best results
- Controls heating to ensure that treatment results are consistent to avoid over-treating or under-treating the treatment areas
- The procedure can be as quick as half an hour, depending on the treatment area
- BodyTite has fewer potential threats and harmful side effects compared to other invasive procedures
- When combined with liposuction surgery, BodyTite can get rid of more excess fat for those who are overweight
- Skin contraction for up to 47%
- BodyTite is more affordable than other types of facial or body contouring procedures
You will first have an initial consultation with our experienced doctors at MD Brothers. They will thoroughly assess and evaluate you and address any concerns you have. They will also determine the best treatment plan based on your unique needs.
Before going for the BodyTite procedure:
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for one week
- Men should shave facial hair on treatment day
- In case you have any wounds, blisters, or open wounds in the treatment area, you should reschedule your treatment
During The Procedure
Before the procedure begins, your doctor will apply an anesthetic gel to the treatment area to minimize pain and prevent the RF rays from harming your skin during the treatment. The treatment is achieved using a specialized handheld device or handpiece attached to the radiofrequency machine. The device features two radio frequency transmitting probes that your doctor uses to target the treatment areas without harming the underlying tissues.
Your plastic surgeon will make an incision into your skin to insert one probe. The other probe is placed above the skin to coagulate tissues and liquefy the subcutaneous fat for easier removal. The procedure does not harm the surrounding tissues. BodyTite RF energy tightens the skin by stimulating collagen production resulting in a smooth, supple natural-looking figure. Consistently consuming a healthy diet and exercising helps results last for years.
Additionally, BodyTite deeply treats fat up to 50mm, does not undertreat or overtreat, heating is controlled to enable consistent large-volume contraction, and can treat large-volume areas. The procedure takes 30 to 35 minutes for every individual area, while it takes about 1 to 3 hours for multiple areas. It is important to note that BodyTite does not provide dramatic weight loss and works best when you are not extremely overweight and closer to your ideal weight.
How Long Is Recovery After BodyTite?
BodyTite is a scarless, minimally invasive treatment compared to other plastic surgery procedures. BodyTite treatment is an in-office procedure with minimal downtime so that you can go home after the procedure. You have to wear a compression garment for two weeks which helps to reduce swelling and promote recovery and natural-looking results. Recovery time varies from patient to patient depending on the number of treatment areas, how much fat was removed, and their overall health. Incisions take 1 to 2 days to heal. You may experience mild swelling or bruising, especially if you underwent liposuction, which goes away after 2 to 3 days. Your skin may also be warm and sensitive to the touch. Rest for a few days is important to facilitate proper healing. Your surgeon will give you simple guidelines to follow before you go home.
You may return to work after five to seven days. Avoid strenuous activities, including exercises, for three weeks after the procedure. Within 4 to 6 weeks, the swelling will have gone down, and you can be able to see your new shape taking effect. The full effects will be visible over the next three to six months. BodyTite treatment is remarkable since most patients undergo a 25 to 45% fat reduction and 47% skin contraction in the treatment area.
Your BodyTite results can last for several years if you maintain a steady weight through a healthy diet and exercise program. The fat cells eliminated during the treatment will not return. However, weight gain can lead to the formation of new fat cells and the enlargement of the remaining ones. It is also important to keep in mind that BodyTite cannot stop aging. Therefore, you may develop wrinkles and loose skin with time. This is what you can do to maintain your results for a longer time:
- Avoid weight fluctuations
- Avoid smoking
- Maintain a consistent diet and exercise program
- Keep the skin moisturized and stay hydrated
- Wait until you are done having children before undergoing BodyTite treatment
What are the Potential Side Effects of BodyTite?
The following are potential side effects of the BodyTite procedure:
- Altered sensations
- Irregular pigmentation numbness
- Site infection
- Fluid accumulation
Who Is a Good Candidate for BodyTite?
The most suitable candidates for BodyTite are those who:
- Are close to their ideal body weight (within 30% of ideal weight)
- Are in good health with no medical conditions that can impair healing
- Have been struggling with stubborn body fat that is resistant to diet and exercise
- Want to lose stubborn pregnancy fat
- Have weight fluctuations
- May be experiencing natural aging
- Have been struggling with saggy skin and fat deposits
- Have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
- Have realistic goals and expectations of the BodyTite procedure
Sculpt The Body of Your Dreams with BodyTite
Suppose you are frustrated and disappointed that you are not attaining your cosmetic goals despite your best efforts to diet and exercise. In that case, you may be a good candidate for BodyTite contouring. Our highly experienced surgeons will evaluate you and help determine if you are an ideal candidate for the procedure. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact the MD Brothers today.