Sometimes, moles are skin cancer or precancerous. Other times, moles just hinder us from feeling our most confident. Regardless of the reason, a mole excision at MD Brothers can be a helpful choice for you.
What is a mole excision?
Surgical excision is a very common technique for mole removal. After cleaning and numbing the area, your surgeon then uses a tool to separate your mole from the rest of your skin.
After lifting the mole off the surface of the skin, some bleeding may occur and is expected from this procedure. If needed, the area is closed with stitches.
You may want a mole cosmetically removed for any of these factors:
- In a prominent place on your face or body
- Large, dark, or feels disagreeable
- Affects your self-esteem and confidence
Benefits of a mole excision:
- Enhances your appearance
- Boosts your self-esteem levels
- Helps prevent or detect skin cancer at an early stage
Am I a good candidate for mole excision?
A good candidate for mole excision experiences several of these factors:
- Displeased with the appearance of a mole
- Concerned that a disregular mole may be cancerous
- You have a raised mole that causes trouble when shaving
What can I expect from a mole excision procedure?
For this procedure, local anesthesia is utilized to numb the immediate area around the mole and treatment area. Because of local anesthesia, the patient will be awake and conscious, yet not in pain.
This procedure takes less than an hour, sometimes as quick as ten minutes. If you’re interested in hearing more about mole removal in Chicago, contact us at MD Brothers at (312) 416-6172.